To the chief musician, A Psalm of David.
- In the Lord I put my trust;
How can you say to my soul,
“Flee as a bird to your mountain”?
- For look! The wicked bend their bow,
They make ready their arrow on the string,
That they may shoot secretly at the upright in heart.
- If the foundations are destroyed,
What can the upright do?
- The Lord is in His holy temple,
The Lord’s throne is in heaven;
His eyes behold,
His eyelids test the sons of men.
- The Lord tests the righteous,
But the wicked and the one who loves violence His soul hates.
- Upon the wicked He will rain coals;
Fire and brimstone and a burning wind
Shall be the portion of their cup.
- For the Lord is righteous,
He loves righteousness;
His countenance beholds the upright.
This has a lot of meaning for us right now! Those you think love you can just as easily come to hate you because of a stand for truth! Make sure when you take a stand you are willing to pay the price even so far as to lose beloved friends.