Normally, I would not worry about whether or not I received an award from anyone but a very close friend of mine actually nominated me. Her blog is lightinearthenvessels. They have adopted 8 children from a variety of countries and really show forth what adoption (from a biblical standpoint) is all about. They have many ups and downs but the Lord is working in them and through them. They have a blog all about adopting older children. This blog is based on biblical teaching and discipling of children that have come from very hard backgrounds. They are working towards becoming a counselor for parents that adopt!
These are the official blog award rules:
1. The winner can put the logo on his/her blog.
2. Link the person you received your award from.
3. Nominate up to 7 other blogs.
4. Put links of those blogs on yours.
5. Leave a message on the blogs of the people you’ve nominated.
So, here are my nominations, in no particular order:
1. Berean Wife – I have recently come on her blog and she has some very good things to say from a biblical standpoint, as well. The comments are also great to read because her response towards others also show forth the truth of God’s Word! She is not willing to back down on the truth but is very willing to apologize if there is something that is contrary to the Word of God!
2. The Desert Pastor – My husband is definitely one of the blogs I would nominate because of the high quality of writing. Right now he is going through a series on Worship. He’s done several parts on worship and is discussing the golden calf of music. This, I believe, would be very helpful for anyone desiring to worship the Lord in spirit and in truth in every area of their lives!
3. Defending Contending – Here is a blog that defends and contends for the faith. They seek to bring to light those that are not true servants of God. They also bring many other things to the forefront from news that affect Christians to sharing quotes by servants of God. They post many messages from different pastors/teachers that desire to speak forth the Word of God in truth!
I want to thank the Lord for any ability that He has given me because I am not a natural born leader! I am a natural born follower but the Lord has spoken to my heart in many different ways. I feel a necessity to share what I have learned through my pilgrimage in the Christian walk. Whether I am able to help 100 people, 1 person or no one, I still feel that everything I have gone through is worth it all. Only the Lord keeps the record as to who was encouraged, rebuked or challenged by this blog. I realize that it is only the Holy Spirit that can change anyone as I know I can’t even change myself without His constant help and guidance every second of the day. Thanks for taking the time to read!